This page is devoted to motorcycle adventure tips & riding links. Roads, routes and blogs. I’ll update the list when or if I find or get something worth adding.
Roads & routes links
- Ride Norway: all you need to know (bold statements but it looks pretty decent)
- Tourstart Norway: the best of roads (well lets hope a fair share of them)
- Norway on a shoestring: looks a little outdated but might still prove useful
- Best biking roads – Norway south: 90 routes here
- Norway – motorcycle roads: highly useful but try to set your GPS in small-ways mode while en route!
- Bike touring advice – Norway & Sweden: looks a bit dated and not exactly packed with road tips, but still…
- Sweden – best biking roads: looks like it’s littered with good options
- Sweden on motorcycle: worth checking out, lots of good tips here
- Epic rides – Finland: also worth checking out
- Motorbike roads, Norway, Sweden and Finland: despite being 4 yrs old lots is relevant and useful here
- Trip Planner, The Norway trip: many great tips here
- Mototrips in the Alps: lots of bucket list food on this page 🙂
- Austria biking roads: yet again bestbikingroads.com show they got the links and the tips
- Motorcycle roads in Austria: done some of these. Use suggestions and get creative 🙂
- Ride motorcycle roads in Germany: nice tips list, use it to get creative?
- Motorcycling in Italy: This far I’ve only been North but like to further south. Lots of nice tips here
- Romania Motorcycle roads: nice map, they also have a few routes for EU
- Best biking roads in Germany: plenty of good suggestions here
- Motorcycle roads in Germany: few will ever get through this entire list
- Motorcycle travel in Germany: dated design but relevant info
- Europe’s 10 best secret roads: hmm… well check it out
- Twisty ride: tips and route planner
- Nice – The 7 Best Motorcycle Roads: worth checking out
- France – biking roads: a monster list of alternatives
- 7 days in south of France: good page, and good tips
General, World, Europe & Scandinavia
- Top 100 roads: nice bucket or todo list for pavement riders
- Trans Euro Trail (TET): 38,000 kilometers worth of GPX routes from the edge of Africa to the Arctic Circle. Created by a community. Provided for free.
- Dangerous roads: while title might give an impression the target audience are specifically those with a death wish, this is one of the more comprehensive pages on adventurous pavement, gravel and dirt roads. A must-check for anyone with adventurous plans!
Tracker & Planner tools
- Locatoweb: have used this quite a bit, my routes here. there’s a free version and you can pay for upgrade. No planning tools. Apps available
- Rever: started to use this last winter for planning. Good alternative, if used with Google maps. No limit on number of waypoints. Apps available
- MotionX: GPS tracker/app for iOS devices. Not tried it myself yet but I plan to.
Two Wheel Safety
- Bicycle safety in the UK: I am also a bicyclist and value safety. Like most in Norway.
- Essential Guide to Protective Gear for Bikers: Choosing what to wear when riding isn’t just about protection from injuries. It is also about comfort. Properly fitting gear means you stay comfortable, warm and dry on. Properly fitting gear will not distract you when riding.