This page is devoted to motorcycle adventure tips & riding links. Roads, routes and blogs. I’ll update the list when or if I find or get something worth adding.
Roads & routes links
- Ride Norway: all you need to know (bold statements but it looks pretty decent)
- Tourstart Norway: the best of roads (well lets hope a fair share of them)
- Norway on a shoestring: looks a little outdated but might still prove useful
- Best biking roads – Norway south: 90 routes here
- Norway – motorcycle roads: highly useful but try to set your GPS in small-ways mode while en route!
- Bike touring advice – Norway & Sweden: looks a bit dated and not exactly packed with road tips, but still…
- Sweden – best biking roads: looks like it’s littered with good options
- Sweden on motorcycle: worth checking out, lots of good tips here
- Epic rides – Finland: also worth checking out
- Motorbike roads, Norway, Sweden and Finland: despite being 4 yrs old lots is relevant and useful here
- Trip Planner, The Norway trip: many great tips here
- Mototrips in the Alps: lots of bucket list food on this page 🙂
- Austria biking roads: yet again bestbikingroads.com show they got the links and the tips
- Motorcycle roads in Austria: done some of these. Use suggestions and get creative 🙂
- Ride motorcycle roads in Germany: nice tips list, use it to get creative?
- Motorcycling in Italy: This far I’ve only been North but like to further south. Lots of nice tips here
- Romania Motorcycle roads: nice map, they also have a few routes for EU
- German Motorbike route: Absolute must the title says. Not sure but complimentary sure
- Motorcycle roads in Germany: few will ever get through this entire list
- Motorcycle travel in Germany: dated design but relevant info
- Europe’s 10 best secret roads: hmm… well check it out
- Twisty ride: tips and route planner
- Nice – The 7 Best Motorcycle Roads: worth checking out
- France – biking roads: a monster list of alternatives
- 7 days in south of France: good page, and good tips
General, World, Europe & Scandinavia
- Top 100 roads: nice bucket or todo list for pavement riders
- Trans Euro Trail (TET): 38,000 kilometers worth of GPX routes from the edge of Africa to the Arctic Circle. Created by a community. Provided for free.
- Dangerous roads: while title might give an impression the target audience are specifically those with a death wish, this is one of the more comprehensive pages on adventurous pavement, gravel and dirt roads. A must-check for anyone with adventurous plans!
Tracker & Planner tools
- Locatoweb: have used this quite a bit, my routes here. there’s a free version and you can pay for upgrade. No planning tools. Apps available
- Rever: started to use this last winter for planning. Good alternative, if used with Google maps. No limit on number of waypoints. Apps available
- MotionX: GPS tracker/app for iOS devices. Not tried it myself yet but I plan to.