Knut Meyn is a level headed middle-aged (+) guy. with ambition, curiosity, vision, ideas and perspective (still) reasonably intact. Well, perhaps best to let others be the judge of that.
Knut Meyn’s professional life
Currently employed as Webmaster in Zenitel , a critical communications technology company. Prior I had a shorter period as self employed web designer, consultant and adviser. From 2007-2012 I was employed in BT Global Services, as Tower Lead, IT Specialist, Adviser and Project Manager.
In the past 2-3 decades I’ve have had a variety of both challenging and interesting jobs, nationally as well as internationally. And the privilege of working for and with a lot insightful, talented people from all over the world.
These experiences have taught me lots of things I value highly.
I’ve been Systems Administrator for many years, on a variety of platforms such as IBM, IBM/Lotus, Microsoft as well as Open Source ones. Of late focus has been more on Open Source solutions, Web applications and Content Management Services (CMS) as well as Social Business.
Hobbies & leisure
In 2015 I returned to motorcycle riding after 32 odd years of absence. It’s been a complete blast! Twice already around in Europe plus a lot of places in Norway. I love adventures, riding about allows the combination of several other passions, like taking pictures, experience new things, meet people, and write about it.
Being a hobby musician I play quite a bit, making music is a passion. Of late it’s more in a resurrection state, hope to record some new stuff one day. Time will show. Else I do graphics, web design, love photography, not very good at latter but Photoshop comes to my rescue every time.
What else is there
I live in Oslo/Norway, close to mother nature. Which means easy access to woods and lakes, by foot or bicycle. In winter cross-country skiing, a favorite outdoor winter activity. Summer means biking or running, staying reasonably fit I believe is a necessity for harmony and balance in life. But all things in sensible dosages. There’s (often) a fine line between just enough and too much.
Love to read, especially good stories whether from real life or pure fantasy. As for other hobbies I tinker with photography quite a bit, something this site hopefully reflects a bit of. Also work with/make music, latter in a “reboot process” this year. I’ve written music for film/TV, Theater, Radio/TV commercials and web presentations. But it’s been a while.
Knut Meyn’s professional background
- IT Adviser/Consultant Tech4Hire & Aibel AS
- Tower Lead BT Global Services
- Senior IS Adviser & Architect Aibel AS
- Senior IS Adviser & Architect Vetco International
- IS Adviser & IS Architect ABB Offshore Systems
- Service Owner ABB Group (Collaboration Services)
- Project Management ABB Ltd. Information Systems
- Senior Systems Engineer ABB Offshore Systems
Web, Media/Communication & Sales
- Webmaster in Zenitel
- Owner, Adviser, Web developer MeynConsult
- Graphics Designer & Desktop Publisher in ABB & Vetco
- Web Designer & Developer ABB, Vetco & Aibel AS
- Webmaster ABB, Vetco, IT-Fabrikken & digiTALL AS,
- Journalist & Editor Firmakatalogen, ABB Ltd & Vetco
- Freelance Journalist, Marketing professional.
- Department Manager Supersonic (keyboards & music computer software)
- Composer, Arranger & Member of editorial staff Norwegian Broadcast Cooperation (NRK)
- Talk Show Host & staff member Radio 1/The Night Radio.
- Creative Consultant and Voice Over Artist